James Stenzel Presents...
Scholarly Library of Facts about Domestic & Worldwide Zionist Criminality

The Jew Watch Project Is The Internet's Largest Scholarly Collection of Articles on Zionist History
Free Educational Library for Private Study, Scholarship, Research & News About Zionism
We Reveal Zionist Banksters, News Falsifiers, PR Liars, Neocons, Subversives, Terrorists, Spies & More
The Jew Watch Project's 1.5 Billion Pages Served Demonstrate Our Focus on Professionalism
An Oasis of News for Americans Who Presently Endure the Hateful Censorship of Zionist Occupation

Top: Jewish Leaders Folder: Bertelsmann AG Publisher


Bertelsmann AG Publishers

German Publisher w/American Holdings of 10% of entire market

Jewish financed and operated with David Sarnoff as Chief Financial Officer

( Hoover's Company Profiles )

COMPANY NAME Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group, Inc.

OVERVIEW Bantam Doubleday Dell (BDD) is a leader in international English-language book publishing and one of the largest producers of general-interest consumer books in North America. The company is a US subsidiary of Bertelsmann AG (the #3 media company in the world) and operates as a division of Bertelsmann Book Group of Germany. BDD has subsidiaries in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the UK; its books are sold worldwide.

Bertelsmann also owns Gruner+Jahr, which publishes magazines in Europe and the US and is one of the world's largest book club operators, with more than 16 million members. Other activities include reference and religious books, music, and CD-ROM publishing; paper production; and printing.

Bantam Doubleday Dell was created in 1986 when Bertelsmann acquired Doubleday (which owned Dell) and merged it with Bantam. Doubleday was founded in 1877 by Frank Doubleday and S. S. McClure and became one of the best-known names in American publishing. It acquired Dell in 1976. Dell was founded in 1921 by George T. Delacorte to publish magazines and comic books. It moved into paperbacks in 1942. Bantam was founded in 1945 by Ian Ballantine to publish paperbacks; it moved into hardbacks in 1980. Bertelsmann acquired 51% of Bantam from Italy's Agnelli family (owners of Fiat) in 1977 and the other 49% in 1981.

Carl Bertelsmann founded his namesake company in 1835. It was primarily a publisher of religious works until WWII, when the Nazis shut it down. Reinhard Mohn, Carl Bertelsmann's great-great-grandson, rebuilt the destroyed German plant after returning from an Allied POW camp in Kansas and was publishing again by 1948. Today Bertelsmann is working hard to move into the fast lane of the infobahn. It paid more than $100 million to launch an online service in Europe with America Online in 1995.

In 1996 BDD sold Dell Magazines to rival Penny Press and its book club division, Trumpet, to Scholastic Inc. (terms of both transactions were undisclosed). The following year BDD won an order in a Polish court requiring Amber Publishing of Warsaw to stop publication of "His Holiness," a best-selling biography of Pope John Paul II by journalists Carl Bernstein and Marco Politi. The Polish publishing company bought the rights to sell the book in Poland, but deleted references to the Pope's ill health, Polish anti-Semitism, and criticism of the Catholic Church in Poland. In 1998 the company launched WaterBrook Press to focus on religious books.


SVP and Director Human Resources: Robert Sherwood
CFO: Richard Sarnoff
Chairman Emeritus, Bertelsmann: Reinhard Mohn
Chairman and CEO, Bantam Doubleday Dell International: Jack Hoeft
Chairman, President, and CEO, Bertelsmann: Mark Wossner
President and CEO, Bantam Doubleday Dell North America: Erik Engstrom

LOCATION Headquarters: 1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036 Web Site: http://www.bdd.com Phone: 212-354-6500 Fax: 212-782-9071

LOCATION Headquarters: 1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036 Web Site: http://www.bdd.com Phone: 212-354-6500 Fax: 212-782-9071

Bantam Doubleday Dell has offices, partners, and subsidiaries in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, and the US.

Copyright © 1998, Hoovers, Inc., Austin, Texas.

Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group, Inc.., Hoover's Company Profiles, 02-20-1998.



Archived for Educational Purposes only Under U.S.C. Title 17 Section 107  by Jew Watch Library at www.jewwatch.com

*COPYRIGHT NOTICE**   In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in the Jew Watch Library is archived here under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in reviewing the included information for personal use, non-profit research and educational purposes only.  Ref. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

If you have additions or suggestions

Email Jew Watch